From Corryong to Kinglake, I work hard travelling across our vast electorate to hear from all our communities. I listen to many people across Indi about what is important to you – and that’s where my policies come from, not party bosses in Sydney or Melbourne.
I’m committed to evidence-based solutions to our challenges – that’s what makes good policy.
I’ll never change what I fight for in exchange for a political donation, or trade away what’s important to Indi in a backroom deal.
I’m fighting for the solutions that you’ve told me are priorities for Indi.
Indi wants to see a better standard of politics in this country. We’re leading by example.
- Integrity Commission: Establish a strong, independent Australian Federal Integrity Commission by passing my gold-standard bill that’s currently before Parliament.
- Political Donations Reforms: Require all political parties and entities to declare cumulative donations above $1000 within 3 months, and above $15,000 within 5 days.
The regions are on the front lines of climate change. We’ve also got the most to gain from smart action.
- Locally Owned Renewables: Secure funding for community-owned renewable energy projects across regional Australia, supporting communities to lower their power bills and boost energy security.
- Cheaper Home Batteries: Introduce incentives of up to $3000 to install a home battery, and offer low-income households no-interest $5000 loans to help them switch to lower-cost electric appliances
From wait times to world-class facilities, we deserve the same quality health care as our city cousins.
- Albury Wodonga Hospital: Secure $300 million from the federal government for a new, world-class hospital on the border in Albury Wodonga.
- Locally Grown Health Workforce: Triple the number of locally trained doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and other health workers by properly funding our local universities and TAFEs, and ensure all mid-career health workers in the regions can access $20,000 grants to take time off work to upskill.
- Rural Hospital Infrastructure Fund: Establish a $1 billion federal fund to support upgrades to outdated health facilities in small rural towns like Benalla, Bright and Mansfield
Phone and Internet
Improving our phone and internet coverage is vital for business, study and in emergencies.
- Faster Internet: Pass laws to raise the bar on what is expected of NBN in the regions. That means minimum average speeds of 25 mbps all the time and maximum wait times to fix faults and connect new properties that are just as quick as in the city.
- Finish the NBN Build: Secure at least $300 million to properly finish the NBN build in regional Australia. Stop the federal government from passing the buck on the rest of the build to our local councils, meaning regional Australians are forced to pay twice for the NBN build.
- Mobile Blackspots: Secure funding to build mobile towers in our remaining black spots. . Indi’s the most successful electorate in Victoria when it comes to federal black spot funding, but we’re far from done.
After the troubles of recent years, now is the time to deliver proper mental health care services in the regions.
- Mental Health Workforce: Bring more psychologists, psychiatrists, mental health nurses and social workers to live and work in the regions by offering incentives to work here.
- Eating Disorder Support: Fix the urgent lack of local services for people experiencing eating disorders by funding new local treatment and recovery services.
Decent rail services and well-designed rail stations will help our region thrive.
● Fast, Frequent and Reliable Trains: Passengers on the North East need an updated train timetable to deliver more frequent services, and we need guaranteed maintenance funding to keep our trains safe and running at peak speeds.
● Quality Rail Precincts: Deliver high-quality, safe and accessible railway station precincts in Wangaratta, Benalla, Euroa, and Glenrowan as part of the Government’s Inland Rail project.
● Good Connections: Build a dedicated platform for the North East at the new Sunshine Station interchange to make sure that North East passengers can access major new Victorian rail links to Melbourne, the Airport and other regional cities.
Older Australians built so much of what we love about this country – it’s time we treated them with dignity.
● Building new aged care facilities: Too many residential aged care facilities in small rural towns are outdated and need to be upgraded. The Government must increase funding to build and upgrade these facilities so everyone has the right to age in their home town.
● More aged care nurses: Pass legislation to require a registered nurse onsite in residential aged care facilities 24/7 so that older Australians get the round the clock care they need.
● Delivering home care faster: Set in legislation a maximum one-month wait time to receive a Home Care Package so that older Australians get the care they need sooner.
From housing to petrol prices, cost of living is at record levels. After bushfires and pandemics, it’s time to build back stronger.
- Regional Housing Infrastructure Fund
Establish a $2 billion fund that helps regional towns build the local infrastructure it needs like roads, street lights, water and sewerage systems, gardens and community centres to open up new blocks of land and affordable housing supply.
- Home Ownership Uplift Scheme
Establish a national shared equity scheme, which allows the government to take a 25% stake in home purchases thereby lowering mortgage stress and allowing new home buyers to enter the market sooner.
- Regional Tourism Infrastructure Fund
Establish a $1 billion fund to support shovel-ready tourism projects right across the regions in a sector particularly hard hit by the bushfires, border closures and pandemic.
I’m committed to evidence-based policy.
That means I work with the people I represent to design the policy solutions we need rather than party headquarters writing it for me in Sydney or Melbourne. It also means I’ll never change what I fight for in exchange for a political donation, or trade away what’s important to Indi in a backroom deal.
All my policies are fully costed by the Parliamentary Budget Office.