As a strong, Independent voice, I have delivered for our region:
Keeping election promises
Following the 2022 election, I made sure promises made to Indi during the campaign were honoured by the new Government, including:
- $80 million for the Albury Wodonga Regional Deal, including $20 million for Albury Wodonga Health Service infrastructure, $15 million for housing and accommodation for workers in the health sector, $22 million for the Wodonga TAFE’s Heavy Vehicle Technology Program, $5 million for developing Gateway Island the Murray River Experience and $1 million to support the Aboriginal community
- $9.8 million for Mansfield roads upgrades
Phone and Internet
Since I was elected in 2019, Indi has won 40 per cent of all new mobile phone towers in Victoria under the federal Mobile Black Spot Program.
I have helped secure funding for 12 new towers across Indi, including at Harrietville, Taggerty, Creighton’s Creek, Cudgewa, Mt Bruno, Burrowye, Koetong, Frenchman’s Gap, Tawonga, Tarrawingee, Boho South and Goorambat.
I helped secure $2.6 million to rebuild the 42-kilometre fibre optic cable through the Upper Ovens to bring high speed internet.
I have helped secure over $7 million for local renewable energy projects including:
- $1.9 million for a micro-grid in Wodonga to lower bills for businesses
- $3.6 million for community batteries in the Upper Murray to store power for emergencies
- $520,000 for 27 dairy farmers across Indi to install energy efficiency equipment
- $540,000 to develop community batteries in Beechworth, Bright, and Mt Beauty
- $615,000 to develop a community battery in Corryong
- $14,000 to install a solar and battery system on the Rutherglen Senior Citizens’ Clubroom
- $100,000 for the Jamieson Community Energy Node
- $11,000 for a solar and battery system at the Y Water Discovery Centre in Yea
- $9000 for a battery and energy efficient lights for the Merrijig Public Hall.
I have helped secure over $80 million in economic development projects for Indi including:
- $5.1 million for the Rutherglen Wine, Walk, Cycle Trail
- $4.5 million for Mansfield Autism Statewide Services
- $3.5 million for the Mansfield basketball stadium
- $9.4 million for new civil and tourism infrastructure for the Alpine Resorts
- $1.9 million for the Wodonga Exhibition Centre Redevelopment Project
- $32.1 million for the Hydrogen Park Murray Valley project through ARENA’s Renewable Hydrogen Deployment Funding program
- $15 million for a six-year contract for Wangaratta-based defence supplier Pentarch Industrial to guarantee 13 local jobs until 2026
More than $120 million in bushfire recovery funding has flowed to Indi including:
- $16.7 million for 261 primary producers impacted by the fires
- $5.3 million in direct payments to individuals
- $10.4 million for local timber processing mills, including D&R Henderson and Ryan and McNulty timber mills in Benalla
- $10,000 recovery grants for more than 1300 local small businesses
- $7.5 million for upgraded tourist infrastructure in Dinner Plain, Falls Creek and Mt Hotham
- Upgrades to 21 mobile phone towers.
I secured $800,000 in mental health funding for the Upper Murray as part of the Black Summer bushfire recovery.
Corryong Health will receive $100,000 every year for the next three years for mental health care, after I secured the commitment from the Federal Government.
The ongoing funding is on top of the $500,000 delivered to the Upper Murray in the wake of the Black Summer bushfires.
Local Roads and Bridges
Indi has secured $83 million for local roads and bridges while I have been the MP, including:
- $5.5 million for Alpine Shire
- Including $1.3 million to upgrade the Bay Creek Bridge and Nimmo Bridge
- $5.8 million for Benalla Shire
- Including $3.2 million for safety works on the Midland Highway
- $4.2 million for Wodonga
- $7.5 million for Indigo
- $4.1 million for Mansfield
- $10.1 million for Murrindindi
- Including $2.4 million for bridgeworks in Glenburn, Yea, and Eildon
- $12.3 million for Wangaratta
- Including upgrades to the Springhurst Developmental Road and
- $11.3 million for Strathbogie
- $21.7 million for Towong
- Including for the Dargo High Plains Road, and safety upgrades along Lake Road near Bethanga and Old Tallangatta.
While I have been the MP, Indi has secured:
- $1 million for drought-resilience projects through the Drought Communities Program in Benalla.
- $2 million for drought resilience projects in Strathbogie Shire through the Drought Communities Program.